This is a list of all the near-rants that I could have written, but I didn’t.
- The Novus Ordo in Latin shows the continuity of V2 with everything else and this is why people don’t like it.
- Catholic Trad is beautiful. Tradnuts, however, are a Roman Parallel to what we used to call in Orthodoxy “Uber-Frum” and seem a side symptom of Convertitis.
- Even cradles catch it from hanging out with converts
- Catholic Convertitis is (like in Orthodoxy) a bad hangover from American Protestantism
- American Opposition to Pope Francis is Crypto Sede
- Catholic Twitter is filled with Cryptotrads who don’t self-identify for fear of being looped in with Tradnuts.
- Saying the Pope should not speak on matters of environment, economics, politics, military, or sexual issues (as if they were not properly issues of Christian teaching and morality) is a species of Manicheanism.
- The Pope can talk about environmental, economic, political, military, and sexual issues and that makes them de facto and de jure matters of faith and morals. He could, theoretically, speak ex cathedra on any of them in an infallible manner
- I tweeted this hot take.
- All Catholics would have to accept them
- Most Americans wouldn’t, and it would damn us all to hell
- The Amazon Synod is valid
- It’s NOT an attack on Celibacy
- Only anyone who spends too much time listening to talking heads rather than reading theology will disagree
- Talking heads should be shot for Crypto Sede
- Orthodox Patriarchs are not the same as the Pope, the Ecumenical Patriarch is not the Orthodox Pope, and Orthodox Patriarchs play politics better than Catholic Bishops.
- Liturgy in a tongue no one speaks is not, doesn’t have to be, but often is used as an excuse for Gnosticism.
There will be more of this, but this is the end of my ranting for now.