IT’S A NEW GAME TO PLAY with the whole holy family: Kingdom Walking. Get outside, walk your neighborhood, and pray. Use a rosary or read a litany, say the Jesus Psalter or the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Get a prayer rope and say the Jesus Prayer. Take on the Rule of 150 Beads if you want to walk three times a day. Get out and offer it up for peace. Here are the rules:
- Pray for folks as you see them.
- Pray for peace and safety in the neighborhood.
- Remember when people see you they will see someone praying:
- Share the sidewalk
- Follow traffic rules
- Be local
- Share the Gospel.
- Don’t be surprise when homeless folks see you:
- Carry cash
- Give it away
- Remember: Christ said, “As you do it to the least of these, you do it to me.”
- Pray for them
- If you pass a hospital, fire house, police station (etc) pray for their safety.
- This is the infantry in spiritual warfare.
- See how many miles you can walk.