|Monday: MP||Ps 5:2-10, 12-13||1 Chr 29:10-13||Ps 29|
|Monday: DP||Ps 19:8-15||Ps 7:2-10||Ps 7:11-18|
|Monday: EP||Ps 11||Ps 15||Eph 1:3-10|
- O COME, let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
- Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving : and shew ourselves glad in him with psalms.
- For the Lord is a great God : and a great King above all gods.
- In his hand are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
- The sea is his, and he made it : and his hands prepared the dry land.
- O come, let us worship and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
- For he is the Lord our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
- To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts : as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness;
- When your fathers tempted me : proved me, and saw my works.
- Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said : It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they have not known my ways;
- Unto whom I sware in my wrath : that they should not enter into my rest.
Verba mea auribus.
- PONDER my words, O Lord : consider my meditation.
- O hearken thou unto the voice of my calling, my King and my God : for unto thee will I make my prayer.
- My voice shalt thou hear betimes, O Lord : early in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
- For thou art the God that hast no pleasure in wickedness : neither shall any evil dwell with thee.
- Such as be foolish shall not stand in thy sight : for thou hatest all them that work vanity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing : the Lord will abhor both the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into thine house, even upon the multitude of thy mercy : and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness, because of mine enemies : make thy way plain before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in his mouth : their inward parts are very wickedness.
- Their throat is an open sepulchre : they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God; let them perish through their own imaginations : cast them out in the multitude of their ungodliness; for they have rebelled against thee.
- And let all them that put their trust in thee rejoice : they shall ever be giving of thanks, because thou defendest them; they that love thy Name shall be joyful in thee;
- For thou, Lord, wilt give thy blessing unto the righteous : and with thy favourable kindness wilt thou defend him as with a shield.
Canticle: 1 Chronicles 29:10-13
Soli Deo Honor et Gloria
- Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of our ancestor Israel : for ever and ever.
- Yours, O Lord, are the greatness : the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty;
- For all that is in the heavens and on the earth is yours : yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.
- Riches and honour come from you : and you rule over all.
- In your hand are power and might : and it is in your hand to make great and to give strength to all.
- And now, our God, we give thanks to you : and praise your glorious name.
- BRING unto the Lord, O ye mighty, bring young rams unto the Lord : ascribe unto the Lord worship and strength.
- Give the Lord the honour due unto his Name : worship the Lord with holy worship.
- It is the Lord that commandeth the waters : it is the glorious God that maketh the thunder.
- It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation : the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice.
- The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedar-trees : yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Libanus.
- He maketh them also to skip like a calf : Libanus also, and Sirion, like a young unicorn.
- The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire; the voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness: yea, the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Cades.
- The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to bring forth young, and discovereth the thick bushes : in his temple doth every man speak of his honour.
- The Lord sitteth above the water-flood : and the Lord remaineth a King for ever.
- The Lord shall give strength unto his people : the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace.
Lectio Brevis: Isaiah 2:3
Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth instruction, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
- BLESSED be the Lord God of Israel : for he hath visited and redeemed his people;
- And hath raised up a mighty salvation for us : in the house of his servant David;
- As he spake by the mouth of his holy Prophets : which have been since the world began;
- That we should be saved from our enemies : and from the hand of all that hate us.
- To perform the mercy promised to our forefathers : and to remember his holy Covenant;
- To perform the oath which he sware to our forefather Abraham : that he would give us;
- That we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies : might serve him without fear;
- In holiness and righteousness before him : all the days of our life.
- And thou, Child, shalt be called the Prophet of the Highest : for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- To give knowledge of salvation unto his people : for the remission of their sins,
- Through the tender mercy of our God : whereby the day-spring from on high hath visited us;
- To give light to them that sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death : and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
In Domino confido
IN the Lord put I my trust : how say ye then to my soul, that she should flee as a bird unto the hill?
2 For lo, the ungodly bend their bow, and make ready their arrows within the quiver : that they may privily shoot at them which are true of heart.
3 For the foundations will be cast down : and what hath the righteous done?
4 The Lord is in his holy temple : the Lord’s seat is in heaven.
5 His eyes consider the poor : and his eye-lids try the children of men.
6 The Lord alloweth the righteous : but the ungodly, and him that delighteth in wickedness, doth his soul abhor.
7 Upon the ungodly he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, storm and tempest : this shall be their portion to drink.
8 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness : his countenance will behold the thing that is just.