Sunday EP1 (Saturday Night)
- LORD, I call upon thee, haste thee unto me : and consider my voice when I cry unto thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth in thy sight as the incense : and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth : and keep the door of my lips.
- O let not mine heart be inclined to any evil thing : let me not be occupied in ungodly works with the men that work wickedness, lest I eat of such things as please them.
- Let the righteous rather smite me friendly : and reprove me.
But let not their precious balms break my head: yea, I will pray yet against their wickedness.
- Let their judges be overthrown in stony places: that they may hear my words, for they are sweet.
- Our bones lie scattered before the pit : like as when one breaketh and heweth wood upon the earth.
- But mine eyes look unto thee, O Lord God : in thee is my trust, O cast not out my soul.
- Keep me from the snare that they have laid for me : and from the traps of the wicked doers.
- Let the ungodly fall into their own nets together : and let me ever escape them.
Voce mea ad Dominum
- I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice : yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
- I poured out my complaints before him : and shewed him of my trouble.
- When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path : in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
- I looked also upon my right hand : and saw there was no man that would know me.
- I had no place to flee unto : and no man cared for my soul.
- I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said : Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
- Consider my complaint : for I am brought very low.
- O deliver me from my persecutors : for they are too strong for me.
- Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name : which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.
- Jesus, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
- But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
- And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
- And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- O COME, let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
- Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving : and shew ourselves glad in him with psalms.
- For the Lord is a great God : and a great King above all gods.
- In his hand are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
- The sea is his, and he made it : and his hands prepared the dry land.
- O come, let us worship and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
- For he is the Lord our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
- To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts : as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness;
- When your fathers tempted me : proved me, and saw my works.
- Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said : It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they have not known my ways;
- Unto whom I sware in my wrath : that they should not enter into my rest.
Deus, Deus meus
- O GOD, thou art my God : early will I seek thee.
- My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh also longeth after thee : in a barren and dry land where no water is.
- Thus have I looked for thee in holiness : that I might behold thy power and glory.
- For thy loving-kindness is better than the life itself : my lips shall praise thee.
- As long as I live will I magnify thee on this manner : and lift up my hands in thy Name.
- My soul shall be satisfied, even as it were with marrow and fatness : when my mouth praiseth thee with joyful lips.
- Have I not remembered thee in my bed : and thought upon thee when I was waking?
- Because thou hast been my helper : therefore under the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
- My soul hangeth upon thee : thy right hand hath upholden me.
- These also that seek the hurt of my soul : they shall go under the earth.
- Let them fall upon the edge of the sword : that they may be a portion for foxes.
- But the King shall rejoice in God; all they also that swear by him shall be commended : for the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.
Daniel 3:57-88, 56.
Benedicite, omnia opera Domini.
- O all ye Works of the Lord, bless ye the Lord : * praise him, and magnify him for ever.
- O ye Angels of the Lord, bless ye the Lord : * O ye Heavens, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Waters that be above the Firmament, bless ye the Lord: * O all ye Powers of the Lord, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Sun and Moon, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Stars of Heaven, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Showers and Dew, bless ye the Lord: * O ye winds of God, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Fire and Heat, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Winter and Summer, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Dews and Frosts, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Frost and Cold, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Ice and Snow, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Nights and Days, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Light and Darkness, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Lightnings and Clouds, bless ye the Lord.
- O let the Earth bless the Lord; * yea, let it praise him, and magnify him for ever.
- O ye Mountains and Hills, bless ye the Lord: * O all ye Green Things upon the earth, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Wells, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Seas and Floods, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Whales, and all that move in the waters, bless ye the Lord: * O all ye Fowls of the Air, bless ye the Lord.
- O all ye Beasts and Cattle, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Children of Men, bless ye the Lord.
- O let Israël bless the Lord; * praise him, and magnify him for ever.
- O ye Priests of the Lord, bless ye the Lord: * O ye Servants of the Lord, bless ye the Lord.
- O ye Spirits and Souls of the Righteous, bless ye the Lord: * O ye holy and humble Men of heart, bless ye the Lord.
- O Ananias, Azarias, and Misael, bless ye the Lord: praise him and magnify him for ever:
- (During the following verse, all bow:)
- Let us bless the Father and the Son, with the Holy Ghost; * let us praise him and magnify him for ever.
- Blessed art thou, O Lord, in the firmament of heaven; * and to be praised and exalted above all for ever.
- O SING unto the Lord a new song : let the congregation of saints praise him.
- Let Israel rejoice in him that made him : and let the children of Sion be joyful in their King.
- Let them praise his Name in the dance : let them sing praises unto him with tabret and harp.
- For the Lord hath pleasure in his people : and helpeth the meek-hearted.
- Let the saints be joyful with glory : let them rejoice in their beds.
- Let the praises of God be in their mouth : and a two-edged sword in their hands;
- To be avenged of the heathen : and to rebuke the people;
- To bind their kings in chains : and their nobles with links of iron.
- That they may be avenged of them, as it is written : Such honour have all his saints.
- BLESSED be the Lord God of Israel : for he hath visited and redeemed his people;
- And hath raised up a mighty salvation for us : in the house of his servant David;
- As he spake by the mouth of his holy Prophets : which have been since the world began;
- That we should be saved from our enemies : and from the hand of all that hate us.
- To perform the mercy promised to our forefathers : and to remember his holy Covenant;
- To perform the oath which he sware to our forefather Abraham : that he would give us;
- That we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies : might serve him without fear;
- In holiness and righteousness before him : all the days of our life.
- And thou, Child, shalt be called the Prophet of the Highest : for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- To give knowledge of salvation unto his people : for the remission of their sins,
- Through the tender mercy of our God : whereby the day-spring from on high hath visited us;
- To give light to them that sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death : and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
- THE Lord said unto my Lord : Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
- The Lord shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion : be thou ruler, even in the midst among thine enemies.
- In the day of thy power shall the people offer thee free-will offerings with an holy worship : the dew of thy birth is of the womb of the morning.
- The Lord sware, and will not repent : Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedech.
- The Lord upon thy right hand : shall wound even kings in the day of his wrath.
- He shall judge among the heathen; he shall fill the places with the dead bodies : and smite in sunder the heads over divers countries.
- He shall drink of the brook in the way : therefore shall he lift up his head.
In exitu Israel
- WHEN Israel came out of Egypt : and the house of Jacob from among the strange people,
- Judah was his sanctuary : and Israel his dominion.
- The sea saw that, and fled : Jordan was driven back.
- The mountains skipped like rams : and the little hills like young sheep.
- What aileth thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest : and thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
- Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams : and ye little hills, like young sheep?
- Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord : at the presence of the God of Jacob;
- Who turned the hard rock into a standing water : and the flint-stone into a springing well.
- Alleluia! Salvation and glory and power to our God (Alleluia): * for his judgements are true and just. Alleluia! (Alleluia!)
- Alleluia! ‘Praise our God, all you his servants (Alleluia!) : * and all who fear him, small and great.’ Alleluia! (Alleluia!)
- Alleluia! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. (Alleluia!): *Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, Alleluia! (Alleluia!)
- Alleluia! For the marriage of the Lamb has come (Alleluia!): * and his bride has made herself ready, Alleluia! (Alleluia!)
- Alleluia! Glory. (Alleluia!) Both now. Alleluia! (Alleluia!)
In Lent: 1 Pet 2:21-24
- Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example: * so that you should follow in his steps.
- He committed no sin: *and no deceit was found in his mouth.’
- When he was abused he did not return abuse; * When he suffered he did not threaten.
- But he entrusted himself: * to the one who judges justly.
- He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross: * so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness;
- By his wounds: * you have been healed.